Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please see below for the terms and conditions of use of the Medical Research Council Harwell (MRC Harwell) website.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by Medical Research Council Harwell (MRC Harwell) subject to the following:
- Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use of the site.
- MRC Harwell reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes on-line. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes
- Views and opinions of non-MRC groups or individuals that appear on the website do not necessarily reflect the views of MRC Harwell.
- MRC Harwell does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes or services linked from or provided within this website.
- The MRC Harwell website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons contained therein are provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind.
- In no event will MRC Harwell or any of its member organisations accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site.
- MRC Harwell does not warrant that the service continuity of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs or defects.
- Links from this site to other internet sites are provided only for the convenience of visitors to the MRC Harwell website. MRC Harwell and its members do not endorse the content or services delivered through these external websites and are not responsible for their availability, reliability or accuracy. Permission to reproduce information from these sites may be required from the website provider. The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the MRC Harwell site does not imply that MRC Harwell endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
- All copyrights in this website, including logos, illustrations, photos, sound, scripts, animation and other material appearing on this website, otherwise known as "content", belong to MRC Harwell or third parties authorising MRC Harwell to use the copyrights. Users must not reprint or electronically reproduce from the MRC Harwell website any graphic in whole or in part without the prior written permission of MRC Harwell. Users may download and save electronic documents, audio files and forms from the Website and print or listen to these for personal use, but such forms, files and documents remain the copyright of MRC Harwell.
Accuracy of information
- Neither MRC Harwell nor its members will be liable for any losses or damage that may result from use of the website as a consequence of any inaccuracies in, or any omissions from, the information, which it may contain. We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of inclusion. The information on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. However, the information may be out of date at the time of access by the visitor. We are not liable for any error or omission in, or any failure to update, the information on this site and any decisions based on the information are the sole responsibility of the visitor. We reserve the right to make changes to this website at any time without notice.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information during one task,
- recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don't need to enter it for every web page requested,
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them from: AllAboutCookies.org.
The list below shows all of the cookies that are set by MRC Harwell and the third-party services we use. If you have any queries about these cookies or would like more information about them, please get in touch.
Cookies for improving service
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the website is available when you want it and to help us understand what you want to use.
|_utma||randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||randomly generated number||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website