This training course introduces conditional transgenesis and explores its potential in spatially and temporally regulated transgene expression. Ideal for postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers interested in working with conditional knockout mice.
The morning will be devoted to establishing the theory behind conditional mutagenesis using the Cre/loxP system, while the afternoon is set aside for a workshop on experimental design. The day will include the following sessions:
- Introduction to recombinase-mediated mutagenesis
- Generation and availability of recombinase-expressing and conditional alleles
- Challenges associated with conditional mutagenesis and inducer delivery
- Breeding conditional knockout mouse lines
- Workshop: Designing conditional mutagenesis experiments
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.