This one-day course is aimed at research staff, technical staff and students and provides a basic training in standard mouse necropsy. It includes video footage, demonstrations and practical sessions presented by experienced technicians.
This course covers the approach for the dissection and collection of 40 tissues (including the male and female reproductive tracts). Additional course content include interactive group discussion regarding gross pathology findings, emergency opening procedures and a Q&A session.
The learning outcomes from this course are:
• To perform a basic standard mouse necropsy
• To describe gross observations at necropsy
• To gain an understanding of the rapid ‘emergency’ opening
Please contact Dona Reddiar for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
|1 MOUSE NECROPSY|
|10 March 2020 09:30-16:00|
• Lunch and refreshments will be provided
• Please wear suitable closed toe footwear and bring any prescription safety glasses if required
• As part of this training course, the MRC wish to offer a tour of our Mary Lyon Centre animal facility. Tours will take place after the course finishes at 16:00 and take approximately one hour.
• Barrier restrictions apply to certain areas in case of contact with rodents within preceding 48 hour period.
• Allergies to rodents or latex may limit participation in the tour of facilities and / or the practical components of this course.