We currently do not provide external services in histology, necropsy and interpretive pathology, but please complete the Pathology Resource Enquiry form for advice / training in these areas.
We subscribe to the UK Veterinary External Quality Assurance Scheme (VETQAS) as well as the Thermo Shandon Quality Assurance Scheme.
- Freezing of blocks in OCT
- Cryostat sections
- Fixing and processing of blocks into paraffin wax
- Wax sectioning
- Sections cut on a Vibratome
- H&E staining of sections, plus a variety of special stains
- Skeletal preparations
- Custom immunohistochemistry protocols
- Automated immunohistochemistry
- Advice on tissue processing and sectioning techniques
- Whole slide scanning (up to 40x) using a Hamamatsu NanoZoomer
Our experienced team can provide training on- or off-site for:
- Full tissue dissection (necropsy) for primary phenotyping screens
- Specific tissue dissections and techniques
- Perfusion of animals/tissues
- Collection of fixed and frozen tissues
We have well established links to professional veterinary pathology services.