We currently do not provide external services in histology but please complete the Pathology Resource Enquiry form for advice / training in these areas.
We subscribe to the UK Veterinary External Quality Assurance Scheme (VETQAS) as well as the Thermo Shandon Quality Assurance Scheme.
- Freezing of blocks in OCT
- Cryostat sections
- Fixing and processing of blocks into paraffin wax
- Wax sectioning
- Sections cut on a Vibratome
- H&E staining of sections, plus a variety of special stains
- Skeletal preparations
- Custom immunohistochemistry protocols
- Automated immunohistochemistry
- Advice on tissue processing and sectioning techniques
- Whole slide scanning (up to 40x) using a Hamamatsu NanoZoomer
The Histology service can provide training in a variety histological techniques and procedures.
- Snap Freezing of Tissue. Preparation of specimens suitable for the subsequent production of frozen sections.
- Cryotomy. The production of sections from snap frozen tissue.
- Microtomy. The production of sections from paraffin processed and embedded tissue.
- Automated Immunohistochemistry. Use of the laboratory Immuno- Autostainer.
If training is required please contact the Histology Laboratory to arrange a suitable time.