The INFRAFRONTIER (www.infrafrontier.eu) consortia aims to build a world-class research infrastructure that provides the biomedical research community with the tools needed to better understand the role of gene function in human disease. To achieve this goal, the consortium uses the mouse as the model organism of choice.
Trans-national Access Call: COVID-19 Therapeutics Pipeline
INFRAFRONTIER have recently announced their new free-of-charge TA Call: COVID-19 Therapeutics Pipeline. The goal is to provide extensive user support to the selected projects for assessing novel potential vaccine and treatment candidates for COVID-19. The TA service is covered by the INFRAFRONTIER2020 project (Horizon 2020).
INFRAFRONTIER partners (CIPHE and CCP) will execute this call by providing viral particles, COVID-19 mouse models, cohort production, and BSL3 pipeline analysis. Further functional analysis and advanced readouts such as organ histopathological analysis, multiplex assay profiling of cytokines and chemokines in lung and mouse serum can be provided on a collaborative basis outside the TA call scope.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
For more information about this project and how to apply, visit the Infrafrontier website: https://www.infrafrontier.eu/resources-and-services/infrafrontier-open-calls/trans-national-access-call-covid-19-therapeutics
INFRAFRONTIER is comprised of 23 partners, which include:
- Mouse clinics from Europe and Canada
- EMMA Archiving and Distribution Nodes
- European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
The INFRAFRONTIER mission
- INFRAFRONTIER will shape the European Research Area in the field of mouse functional genomics and thereby make an important contribution to the study of human disease.
- INFRAFRONTIER will set standards for systemic phenotyping of mouse models and for archiving and distribution of mouse mutants in Europe.
- INFRAFRONTIER will offer the highest-quality services and cutting-edge technologies provided by the leading labs in Europe.
- INFRAFRONTIER will disseminate knowledge by state-of-the-art training courses.
- To provide access to mouse models, data, scientific platforms and services to study the functional role of the genome and relate it to human health and disease.
- To provide an archiving and distribution service for scientifically valuable mouse strains through the European Mouse Mutant Archive (EMMA), one of the world’s leading mouse repositories.
- To provide access to systemic genotype-phenotype analysis using cutting-edge analytical and diagnostic methodologies in the INFRAFRONTIER mouse clinics.
- To provide distribution capacities for large-scale international initiatives such as the International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium (IMPC: www.mousephenotype.org).
- Free archiving of mouse models Free systemic phenotyping of mouse models
- Free mouse production from ES cells
- Free late-onset systemic (aging) phenotyping
- World-wide distribution service
- Access to the NKI-GEMM-ESC (Netherlands Cancer Institute embryonic stem cells derived from genetically engineered mouse models of cancer) archive
- Axenic (germ-free) mouse services
- For-profit access to EUCOMM knockout models
- Training in cryopreservation, phenotyping and new model development