MRC Harwell Privacy Statement
Dated: 29th January 2018
This Privacy statement sets out how we, Medical Research Council Harwell Institute, obtain store and use your personal information when you use or interact with our website www.har.mrc.ac.uk.
This privacy statement is effective from the 29th January 2018.
By submitting your personal data through our website, you agree to this statement.
Certain information or data about you is collected when you use our website www.har.mrc.ac.uk.
What information is being collected?
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your name and email address if you use the contact forms/email links
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- If a resource or service is requested the following further information will be recorded, your mailing address, your request details.
This data can be viewed by authorised people at the MRC Harwell Institute.
Why is it being collected?
- improve our website site by monitoring how it is being used
- Mouse strain metric reporting
- respond to any feedback and service requests where appropriate
- send email alerts/information to users who have requested them
Where your data is stored
Personal data is stored on our secure internal servers, and on secure cloud based customer relationship management software.
Access to both servers is strictly controlled.
Contact via the website
All contact via the website is made through email, either to an individual or to a group (e.g. training).
Keeping your data secure
Information sent over the internet is not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk.
MRC Harwell Institute has procedures and security processes in place to keep personal data secure once it’s been received.
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Following a link to another website