Practical Light Microscopy
Proper microscope use is important for any researcher; using a microscope correctly prevents eyestrain, saves time and avoids the presence of artefacts in the final image. Our course will cover the background and development of the microscope and aims to develop researchers’ practice in microscopy.
Who is this for?
- Research Staff
- Technical Staff and students new to the laboratory environment
- Experienced personnel looking to refresh their skills
After the course you will be able to:
- Set up a brightfield microscope for Köhler illumination
- Understand how a microscope forms an image
- Know when to use fluorescence and confocal microscopes