Microinjection and Electroporation
The Microinjection and Electroporation course provides tailored and hands-on training in embryo harvesting, set up and operation of microinjection rigs, pronuclear and cytoplasmic microinjection and the process of electroporation to introduce CRISPR-Cas9 reagents to embryos.
In addition, this course offers a demonstration of surgical embryo transfer and the opportunity to meet and discuss your specific requirements with experts in IVF technology, CRISPR-Cas9 design and mouse colony management.
Who is this for?
- Senior animal technicians
- PhD students
Following this course, you will have:
- Experience harvesting and sorting 1-cell and 2-cell embryos
- An understanding of the use of cryopreserved embryos and IVF embryos in gene delivery
- Practical training in pronuclear and cytoplasmic injection of CRISPR-Cas9 reagent into the embryo
- Practical training of embryo electroporation
- An understanding of the principles of colony management, IVF and cryopreservation