Creating and Validating Conditional Transgenic Models
Transgenic mice are an important resource to understand gene function, regulation and expression. This course is designed to introduce the principles behind conditional genetic modifications, experimental designs and analysis.
Who is this for?
- PhD Students
- Researchers with previous knowledge of advanced mouse genetics embarking on conditional transgenic projects.
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of conditional transgenesis
- Identify the advantages and challenges of these systems
- Plan for restricting the expression of a transgene
- Analyse recombinase (Cre) expression